Centre for Environmental Health (CEH), PHFI
Activities co-ordinated by CEH for COVID:
- Responding to COVID-19 by strengthening the health infrastructure and systems in low-resource settings – Webinar, co-hosted by PHFI, CCDC, Health Care Without Harm and SELCO Foundation on Saturday 11th April, 2020, 3pm-6pm to facilitate cross-learnings to healthcare practitioners across the country. Well-attended with about 250 attendees. Attached concept note and detail of speakers. Prof. Srinath Reddy and Prof. D. Prabhakaran participated as panellists providing key insights.
- We have developed a pictorial guide based on the revised Biomedical Waste Management Rules , now updated with the CoVID waste management guidelines that can be used as stand-alone visual aids to facilitate healthcare waste management a healthcare facilities, quarantine centres and laboratories. This is awaiting endorsement from MoEFCC and release in a few days.
- Ms. Samayita Ghosh , on behalf of CEH, PHFI facilitated the transfer and delivery of 75 N-95 masks that were donated by a philanthropist to us , to the Officer-in –Charge , Medical Store and Medical Superintendent of the Safdarjung Hospital and V.M.M.C in response to their urgent request and call for PPEs for their doctors and nurses.
- Developing research proposals in relation to COVID-19 and air pollution for immediate conduct of studies, subject to funding.
- A webinar series for Urban Local bodies for COVID response and resurgence strategies in collaboration with National Institute of Urban Affairs and Ministry of Housing and Urban affairs is under discussion.