- THE WORK
- OUR PEOPLE
- PHFI LIVE
- WORK WITH US
Governance Structure of PHFI
PHFI is an autonomously governed public private initiative registered as a Society under the Societies Registration Act 1860. Under the governance structure adopted by the Society, the Foundation is governed by a fully empowered, independent, General Body that has representatives from multiple constituencies – government, Indian and international academia and scientific community, civil society and private sector.
The management of the affairs of the Society is entrusted to the “Executive Committee”, the governing body of PHFI that is selected by the Members of the Society in accordance with the Rules and Regulations. The Chairperson of the General Body also chairs the Executive Committee. The President of the Society is a non-voting, ex-officio member of the Executive Committee and holds the position of the Member Secretary.
As per the General Body Meeting held on 22nd May 2020
- Mr. S. RamadoraiFormer Vice Chairman, TCS
- Shri. Lav AgarwalJoint Secretary, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India
- Dr. Abhay BangFounder and Director, Society for Education, Action and Research in Community Health (SEARCH)
- Dr. Sunil KaulFounder & Managing Trustee, The Action North East Trust
- Prof. K. Srinath ReddyPresident, Public Health Foundation of India
- Dr. Rati GodrejPhysician and Industrialist
- Dr. Muzaffar AhmadFormer Member, National Disaster Management Authority and Former DG Health, Government of J&K, India
- Dr. Abraham JosephFormer Dean, CMC Vellore, India and Former Chancellor, Nagaland University
The Joint Secretary of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India is an ex-officio member of the Executive Committee. The President of PHFI is a non-voting, ex-officio member of the Executive Committee holding the position of the Member Secretary.