Emmes Scholarship Fund (2023 – 24)
What is Emmes Scholarship Fund?
The Emmes Scholarship Fund seeks to encourage students to choose, pursue and advance career and work in the area of public health. This scholarship (full/ half/ part) fund will be available to students enrolling for Master of Public Health (MPH) programs at IIPHs (Delhi NCR, Gandhinagar, Hyderabad, Shillong and Bhubaneswar).
Locations where Master of Public Health (MPH) program is available
The MPH program is currently being offered by Indian Institutes of Public Health (IIPHs) under the aegis of PHFI at Delhi NCR (Gurgaon), Gandhinagar (Gujarat), Hyderabad (Telangana), Shillong (Meghalaya) and Bhubaneswar (Odisha).
The Emmes Scholarship will be based on the set out selection process as per the Institutional guidelines including but not restricted to merit, means and demonstrated need. The scholars will also be mentored over the course of study and will be guided to develop their full potential and to pursue their passion and build strong careers in public health. The fund also encourages scholars to take up roles in non-governmental organizations and backward areas of the country to implement public health programmes.
Scholarship will be awarded to candidates who have specific interest in Public Health. This will be assessed through:
- previous work experience in public health OR;
- previous education or research projects focussed on public health
Amongst the group that meets the above criteria, preference will be accorded to
- Meritorious students
- Socially and economically weaker sections
- Candidates having relevant work experience in public health in backward and rural districts in India
- Women candidates
Emmes Scholarships (full/ half/ part) will be awarded, based on an assessment of available pool of self-sponsored applicants across IIPHs in the MPH program.
- Emmes scholarship would only be offered to the Indian nationals
- Emmes scholarship would be offered to the self-sponsored applicants applying for on-campus (full time) MPH being offered by PHFI through the IIPHs.
- A select Scholarship Committee will review applicant’s candidature for the said scholarship
- Decision to call a candidate for interview or select a candidate for scholarship will be final and no representation in this regard will be entertained
- Incomplete and unsigned/unsubstantiated application forms are liable to be rejected
Last Date for application
Last date of receiving application for Emmes Scholarship is 15th February, 2024. Eligible students who have already taken admission in MPH program at respective IIPH, should submit the duly filled in scholarship application along with attachments to the Assistant Manager/ Program Officer, at respective IIPHs.Application Form