P & G Health Scholarship (2021 – 22)
What is P & G Health Scholarship?
For encouraging students belonging to socially and economically deprived communities to develop their career in public health, a P & G Health Scholarship Fund has been set up for the academic year 2022-23 under the aegis of Public Health Foundation of India. P & G Health Scholarship Fund has been set up for the eligible candidates selected for MPH programmes being offered across Indian Institutes of Public Health (IIPHs) at Gandhinagar, Delhi NCR, Hyderabad, Shillong and Bhubaneswar.
To address the dearth of public health professionals in India, the Procter & Gamble Health Limited. (Formerly Merck Limited) has been approached to establish a Scholarship Fund at PHFI to support students at IIPHs belonging to socially and economically deprived communities and having good academic background. This fund would attract and support the interested candidates to choose public health as a career opportunity to improve health conditions and Quality of Life of Indians.
Locations where Master of Public Health (MPH) program is available
The MPH programme is currently offered through PHFIs educational establishments – Indian Institutes of Public Health (IIPH) situated at Delhi NCR (Gurgaon), Gandhinagar (Gujarat), Hyderabad (Telangana), Shillong (Meghalaya) and Bhubaneswar (Odisha).
P & G Health Scholarship criteria
The selection process for P & G Health Scholarship will be based on the institutional guidelines including but not restricted to merit and demonstrated need. Selected students will be mentored over the course of study and will be guided to develop their full potential to pursue their passion and build a strong career in public health. The P & G Health Scholarship would also encourage scholars to take up role in non-governmental organizations and backward areas of the country to implement public health programmes.
P & G Health Scholarship would be available for all self-sponsored students enrolled for MPH programme across IIPHs. Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have good academic background, demonstrated need and specific interest in pursuing Public Health as a career. This will be assessed through:
- Previous academic background
- Demonstrated need to be expressed by the respective candidates in a ‘Statement of Purpose’
Amongst the group that meets the above criteria, preference will be accorded to
- Students belonging to socially and economically deprived communities, including SC, ST, OBC and PH/VHC/HI. The ‘P & G Health Scholarship’ shall provide for ‘full’, ‘half’ or ‘part’ scholarships as per demonstrated need of the applicant.
P & G Health Scholarship will be awarded, based on an assessment of available self-sponsored applicants pool across IIPHs for MPH program.
- P & G Health Scholarship would only be offered to the Indian nationals.
- P & G Health Scholarship would be offered to the applicants applying for on-campus (full time) MPH being offered by PHFI through the IIPHs.
- A select Scholarship Committee will review applicant’s candidature for the said scholarship
- Decision to call a candidate for interview or select a candidate for scholarship will be final and no representation in this regard will be entertained.
- Incomplete and unsigned/unsubstantiated application forms are liable to be rejected.
Last Date for application
Completed application form and all necessary enclosures to be submitted at respective IIPHs by 10th February 2023. Eligible students who have already taken admission in MPH program at respective IIPHs, may submit the duly filled in scholarship application form along with attachments to the Assistant Manager/ Programme Officer at respective IIPHs.Application Form