- THE WORK
- OUR PEOPLE
- PHFI LIVE
- WORK WITH US
Comprehensive cardiovascular risk reduction programme in 10 selected worksites in India: This programme was successful in demonstrating the effectiveness of a public health intervention for cardiovascular health promotion in Indian work settings. Supported by the World Health Organization, this programme has been recognized as a best model to emulate in low and middle-income country settings by the World Heart Federation and the World Economic Forum.
India-Works is an ongoing health and wellness initiative with the primary objective to delay the onset of diabetes in high-risk individuals from selected 11 large manufacturing industries in India. In this initiative, implemented with financial support from the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, USA, the project tests the feasibility, acceptability and effectiveness of a peer led structured lifestyle modification programme.
What the India- works initative offers:
- Comprehensive and evidence based worksite based wellness initiative for employees and their family members.
- Models based on social desirability to engage both higher and lower cadres of work-force.
- Industry owned adaptive model with flexibility of implementation in different work settings
- Focused on return on investment in terms of health and productivity gains
- Peer led models facilitated by mHealth initiatives
- Covers entire spectrum of health conditions with a focus on prevention
- Expert talks and live webinars on stress management, mental health, parenting, work-life balance, ergonomics, exercise and nutrition.
- High intensity interval training models for engaging children and adolescents
- Best practices in adapting the existing food recipes to make it more healthy
Our Academic Partners
Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Science and Technology, Trivandrum, Madras Diabetes Research Foundation, Emory University and Harvard University.
Principal Investigator (PHFI): Professor D Prabhakaran, Vice President – Research and Policy, Public Health Foundation of India
For more details on the project; please contact Research Administration at email@example.com
- Wellness initiatives based on state of the art evidence base.
- Experience in working with diverse worksite partners
- International appreciation from the World Economic Forum and World Heart Federation
- Multi-disciplinary expertise to cover the entire spectrum of health and wellness
Our Worksite Partners
- Steel Authority of India
- CPCL, Chennai
- HLL, Trivandrum
- TVS Lucas
- Air India
- Ashok Leyland
- Travancore Titanium
- HAL, Lucknow
- HMT, Bangalore
- BHEL, Hyderabad
- BEL, Delhi
- MTPC, Delhi
- Hero Cycles
- Hindustan Antibiotics
- Indo Rama Synthetics
- Assam Company, Dibrugarh
- Premier Instruments and Control