The Training Division at PHFI is led by Dr. Sandeep Bhalla, Director-Training which focuses on implementing various capacity building initiatives that aim to upgrade the knowledge, skills and core competencies of healthcare professionals in clinical conditions and various public health domains.
These training programs have been selected consecutively by MOHFW, GOI as an innovative model of education in their National innovation summit held at Tirupati in 2016 and at Indore 2017.
The Division has been forging strategic alliances of PHFI with states, regional and global health networks and Institutions e.g. National Disaster Management authority (NDMA), Indian Red Cross Society, International Committee for Red Cross (ICRC), PHD Chambers, FICCI, International Diabetes Federation (IDF), Association of Health Care Providers (AHPI), Quality Council of India (QCI), World Obesity Federation (WOF), National Institute of Occupational Health (NIOH), XLRI and National Health System Resource Centre (NHSRC), Indian Institute of Management (IIM)-Ahmedabad, Healthcare Sector Skill Council etc.
12 State Governments have adopted these initiatives which have spread to 10 other countries across South-East Asia and Africa including Ministry of Health, Government of Rwanda. Our CCEBDM program was the 1st across the globe that got International Diabetes Federation recognition, followed by our GDM program. We also got endorsement of AOTA for our Thyroid course. SAFES also gave recognition to both our diabetes and Thyroid courses. Our course in the management of COPD & Asthma has been endorsed by International Primary Respiratory Group (IPCRG).These capacity building models have been published into Lancet, IJEM, Thyroid, IJO and Lung India. We made presentation of this unique capacity building model on various National and International Platforms and won excellence awards in Skill development by all chambers (CII, FICCI, ASSOCHAM, PHD) and highest quality award i.e. DL Shah Platinum award by QCI.
Over the course of last several years, we have trained 10,000+ Medical Officers and 32,000+ healthcare professionals working at PHCs, CHCs, DHs and other government health facilities in various clinical and public health domains such as diabetes, COPD & asthma, thyroid disorders, women’s health, mental health, palliative care, health care quality, patient safety and health programme management. We have closely worked with National Health Mission of the states of Kerala, Odisha, MP, Haryana, Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Tripura, Manipur, Gujarat, Uttarakhand and Kolkata Municipal Corporation apart from training Health care professionals nominated from time to time from other states as well. Various PSUs such as NTPC, NHPC etc have also adopted our courses. The Govt. of Madhya Pradesh and Govt of Tripura have made PHFI their Skill Building Partner for training medical officers and other healthcare professionals of the state.
The last few months of lockdown and post lockdown have tested the health care providers worldwide, which has led us to start several new initiatives on an online platform. During this period, the Training Division has created several new capacity building initiatives through online mode. Some of these new initiatives have already been launched and the rest are going to be launched in the coming months.
- 25 Capacity Building Programs
- 32,000+ Healthcare Professionals Trained, of which 10,000+ from Government Sector
- 108 National Experts
- 621 Faculty Members
- 173 Observers
- 600+ Training Centres in 121 Cities
- 28 States & Union Territories across India
- Distinguishing Collaborations with 12 States and 10 Countries
The List of Capacity Building Initiatives are:
- Certificate Course in Evidence Based Diabetes Management (CCEBDM) – www.ccebdm.org
- Certificate Course in Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (CCGDM) – www.ccgdm.org
- Advanced Certificate Course in Prevention and Management of Diabetes & Cardiovascular Disease (ACMDC) – www.acmdc.org.in
- Certificate Course in Management of Thyroid Disorders (CCMTD) – www.ccmtd.org
- Certificate Course in Evidence Based Management of Diabetic Retinopathy (CCDR) – E-Learning Certificate Course in Evidence Based Management of Diabetic Retinopathy (CCDR) – www.ccdr.org.in
- Certificate Course in COPD & Asthma (CCCA) – www.ccca.org.in
- Certificate Course in Women’s Health (CCWH) – www.ccwh.org.in
- Certificate Course in Common Mental Disorders (CCCMD) – www.mentalhealthedu.org
- Certificate Course in Palliative Care (CCPC) – www.ccpc.org.in
- Certificate Course in Integrated Geriatric Care (CCIGC)
- Certificate Course in Obesity Prevention and Management (CCOPM)
- Occupational Health Programs – www.occupationalhealthprogram.org
- Certificate Course in Healthcare Quality (CCHQ) – www.cchq.org.in
- MDP on Health Program Management and Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning – www.xlri-phfi-mdp.org
- Workshop on Public Health Management – www.phm-training.org
- Certificate Course in Healthcare Technology (CCHT) – www.ccht.org.in
- Certificate Course in Patient Safety & Communication (CCPSC) – www.ccpsc.org.in
- Certificate Course in Maternal, Child & Adolescent Nutrition (CCMCAN)
- Customized Executive Education Programs on Leadership in Indian Public Healthcare System & Attitude, Ethics and Communication in Healthcare
- Certificate Course in Cyber Security in Healthcare (CCCH)
- Certificate Course in Applications of Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare (CCAAIH)
- Certificate Course in Disaster Management (CCDM)
- Certificate Course in Antimicrobial Stewardship Program (CCAMS)
- Certificate Course in Medical Ethics and Medico-legal Issues (CCMEMI)
- E-workshop series on COVID-19 for Indian and International Healthcare Professionals
Talk on Capacity Courses: Dr V Mohan and Dr Sandeep Bhalla
Certificate Course in Obesity Prevention and Management
Obesity, an established public health problem in the developed world, is fast becoming an important issue in the developing countries as well, as confirmed by numerous studies. From a public health perspective, obesity is a major risk factor for a range of chronic diseases including diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and cancer.
Patients trust the advice of primary care providers on weight management, but various barriers hinder the effective counselling and treatment of patients with overweight or obesity. Physicians and other health professionals often lack training in the behavioural counselling and interdisciplinary team work that is necessary for a comprehensive lifestyle intervention. Considering the crucial role of primary care physicians in the prevention and management of obesity, Chellaram Diabetes Institute (CDI) and Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) have developed a new online course – “Certificate Course in Obesity Prevention and Management (CCOPM)”.
About the Course:
Certificate Course in Obesity Prevention and Management (CCOPM) is a 6-modular course aimed to develop the knowledge and skills of primary care physicians and to play a crucial role in helping patients achieve sustainable weight loss. There is often lack of training in the behavioural counselling and interdisciplinary team work that is necessary for a comprehensive lifestyle intervention.
The curriculum lays major emphasis on introductory aspects & secondary causes of obesity, with how to approach a patient with obesity strategies. Diet and Lifestyle Modification in Obesity Management, Role of Pharmacotherapy and Bariatric Surgery in Obesity Management, are some of the major topics covered in this course. The course content has been developed by eminent experts in various subdomains.Download Flyer Download Brochure Register Here
Certificate Course in Disaster Management (CCDM)
24th – 28th October, 2020
Last Date for registration: 30th September, 2020
E-Learning Certificate Course in Evidence Based Management of Diabetic Retinopathy (CCDR)
15th September – 15th December 2020
Last Date for registration: 31st August 2020
E-Learning (Online) mode training
PHFI Training Division (“Know COVID- NO COVID”)
As the world battles the huge crisis of the COVID-19 pandemic, which has put healthcare system of various countries out of gear. We at the Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI), deeply value the role of Training workshops and awareness campaigns.Read More
Certificate Course in Patient Safety & Communication (CCPSC)
19th – 23rd September 2020
Last Date for registration: 13th September 2020
Online webinar mode training
Certificate Course in Cyber Security in Healthcare (CCCH)
4th July -7th July 2020
Online webinar mode training