The Centre for Chronic Conditions and Injuries (CCCI) at PHFI is headed by Prof. D Prabhakaran, Vice President- Research & Policy which focus on the chronic conditions management, research, policy and training. The training wing of CCCI has been implementing various capacity building training programs in the field of Diabetes, Gestational Diabetes, Cardio diabetes, Diabetic Retinopathy, Hypertension, Thyroid disorders, COPD &Asthma to upgrade the knowledge and skills of Primary Care Physicians (PCPs) in chronic disease management since 2010. Through these certificate programs over 20000 doctors have been trained all across India. The training wing have collaboration with various international bodies like International Society of Hypertension, British Hypertension Society, World Heart Federation, American College of Cardiology, International Committee of Red Cross, World Health Organisation and so on.
All these programs are for Primary care Physicians for up gradation of their skills in evidence based management of Chronic Conditions. These are contact based sessions happening once in a month all across India (in 27 States and UTs covering more than 106 cities in more than 505 centers) with the help of Endocrinologists/Diabetologist/ Gynaecologists/Ophthalmologists/Cardiologists/Pulmonologists who are acting as faculty. We have a standardized monitoring mechanism for these trainings and have a well-defined certification process.
The list of Certificate Programs are as follows:
- Certificate Course in Evidence Based Diabetes Management (CCEBDM)- www.ccebdm.org
- Certificate Course in Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (CCGDM)- www.ccgdm.org
- Advanced Certificate Course in Prevention and Management of Diabetes & Cardiovascular Disease (ACMDC)- www.acmdc.org.in
- Certificate Course in Management of Thyroid Disorders (CCMTD)- www.ccmtd.org
- Certificate Course in Evidence Based Management of Diabetic Retinopathy (CCDR)- www.ccdr.org.in
- Certificate Course in Management of Hypertension (CCMH)- www.ccmh.org.in
- Certificate Course in COPD & Asthma (CCCA)- www.ccca.org.in
- Certificate Course in Women’s Health (CCWH)- www.ccwh.org.in
- Health Emergencies in Large Populations (HELP course)
- Certificate Course in CVD & Stroke (CCCS) – www.cccs.org.in
- Certificate Course in Healthcare Quality (CCHQ)- www.cchq.org.in