- THE WORK
- OUR PEOPLE
- PHFI LIVE
- WORK WITH US
- CONTACT US
The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is working towards building a healthier India. It is helping to address the limited institutional and systems capacity in India by strengthening education and training, advancing research and technology and facilitating policy and practice in the area of Public Health. PHFI is headquartered in New Delhi with national presence through its constituent units of regional Indian Institutes of Public Health (IIPHs) and Centers of Applied Research in core public health themes. The Foundation, established in 2006 as a public private initiative, is governed by an independent board comprising of senior government officials, eminent Indian and International academic and leaders, civil society representatives and corporate leaders.
Public Health Foundation of India’s (PHFI) through the “NACO-PHFI-TSU” project is setting up Technical Support Units – (TSUs) in five states of India namely Gujarat, Jharkhand, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand. The TSUs will provide technical assistance to the State AIDS Control Societies. The project has been awarded to PHFI by the National AIDS Control Organization (NACO). The project period is three years.
- Responsible for providing technical support to Lab Services and Blood Transfusion Services in the State
- Coordination between LS and BTS Division of NACO, SACs and TSU
- To manage and administer facilitation of Lab Services program in the State as per Operational and Technical guidelines of NACO
- Technical support to LS division at SACs for monitoring the work related to EQAS for HIV, Blood Bank and CD4 testing including data analysis and reporting
- Co-ordinate with JD-BTS&LS to ensure proper supervision, monitoring and mentoring in the State
- Visit and review SRLs and ICTCs in the state for Supervision and mentoring and Initiate actions & ensure act of all supervisory visits of the division
- Obtain and analyze monthly reports from SRLs and review the work done and provide feedback to improve
- Coordinate and ensure timely preparation and reporting of EQAS panels of the Apex, NRLs, SRLs, ICTCs
- Implement & Monitor activities of Viral Load Testing and Provide technical support for trainings/ workshops for Viral Load Labs
- Monitoring of quality indicator of viral load programme and CD4 testing
- Participate and mentor SACS/DAPCU/Facilities during review meetings
- To facilitate capacity building of TO‟s and LT‟s of SRL‟s
- Attend periodic review meetings at SACS/NACO to improve service delivery
- Spearhead and support the setup of Metro Blood Bank Centers of Excellence in Transfusion Medicine Project
- Coordination and facilitation for enhanced national capacity for Plasma Fractionation
- Prepare strategic Framework for BTS (Short Term/Mid Term and Long Term) for adequate availability, safety, componentization, quality and access of blood/ blood components/ blood products based on Voluntary non-remunerated repeat blood donation
- Overall Programme Planning, Management and Monitoring including planning of procurements and supply chain management
- Prepare and monitor annual work plan for BTS division
- Review and revision of Technical and Operational Guidelines for BTS (DGHS manual) and other technical Matters pertaining to Blood Transfusion Services including formulation and Review of technical specifications of BTS commodities and application of new technological advancements in BTS
- Review and revision of materials for capacity building and monitor conduction of trainings on BTS
- Provide support to NBTC and SBTC for strengthening and coordination.
- Support conduction of periodic review meetings of SBTC and other stakeholders
- Quarterly Data analysis and review
- Conduction of regular supervisory visits to Blood Banks and States
- Any other work assigned by PD-SACS
- Experience of working with NACO, SACS, TSU is preferable
- Experience in administering facilitation of Lab Services under State program under specific state guidelines is required
Data and Documentation:
- Basic knowledge on Documentation of work is required
Report and writing Updates:
- Maintain Lab reports and provide as and when required
- MBBS with 1 year experience preferable in labs, M.Sc (Medical Microbiology/ Biotechnology)/MPH with 3 years‟ experience in laboratories. Preference will be given if the candidate has been working in the field of HIV/AIDS
- Excellent understanding of HIV and development issues.
- Good knowledge of national, state and district level government administrative structures and processes.
- Sound understanding of right based approaches to healthcare issues.
- Experience in designing strategies on social sector issues.
- Experience in usage of computers and office software packages.
Excellent spoken and written English and Hindi skills
- 1 year experience preferable in labs, M.Sc (Medical Microbiology/ Biotechnology) / MPH with 3 years‟ experience in laboratories.
- Preference will be given if the candidate has been working in the field of HIV/AIDS. . Minimum 3 years‟ experience in management of health programs including Medical Laboratories especially in National Health Program, preferably HIV/AIDS.
Annual Salary (CTC) will commensurate with available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Applications, along with detailed CV, may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please highlight the exact Position Code (PHFI-TELS-100) in the subject.
Please send the following information along with your application (In Email Body): ·
- Current remuneration
- Expected remuneration
- Notice Period
Last Date of Receipt of Applications: 13th January 2019
- Candidates should have an excellent academic record, good communication skills, a commitment to high quality graduate / post-graduate education.
- Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview.
- Persons employed in Government/Semi-Government Organization or Educational Institutions in India must apply through proper channel.
- PHFI reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all available positions.
- The requirements of minimum qualification and/or experience may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials.
- No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding any delays, conduct & result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview.
“PHFI reserves the sole right to alter/modify/cancel the entire selection process or the position or the vacancy or to disqualify any candidature at any stage of the selection process”.
Women are encouraged to apply