- THE WORK
- OUR PEOPLE
- PHFI LIVE
- WORK WITH US
The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is working towards building a healthier India. It is helping to address the limited institutional and systems capacity in India by strengthening education and training, advancing research and technology and facilitating policy and practice in the area of Public Health. PHFI is headquartered in New Delhi with national presence through its constituent units of regional Indian Institutes of Public Health (IIPHs) and Centers of Applied Research in core public health themes. The Foundation, established in 2006 as a public private initiative, is governed by an independent board comprising of senior government officials, eminent Indian and International academic and leaders, civil society representatives and corporate leaders. For more information, please visit the website www.phfi.org.
Public Health Foundation of India’s (PHFI) through the “NACO-PHFI-TSU” project is managing Technical Support Units – (TSUs) in five states of India namely Gujarat, Jharkhand, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand. The TSUs will provide technical assistance to the State AIDS Control Societies. The project has been awarded to PHFI by the National AIDS Control Organization (NACO).
- Strengthening partnership:
- Identify area of collaboration of NACO and SACS with public and private sectors to formalize partnerships.
- Identifying key departments /PSUs to roll out the activities proposed under Memorandum of Understanding between National AIDS Control Organisation and respective Ministries.
- Work in close coordination with relevant departments/PSU at National and State level for smooth functioning of activities as proposed.
- Setting up of Joint working Group with departments/PSUs for technical guidance and review of the implementation of the MOUs under the chairmanship of Project Director, SACS.
- Develop tool for advocacy and partnership for NACO/SACS to develop partnership and leverage support for risk reduction, integration of services and social protection.
- Regular sharing of progress made on implementation of MOUs with NACO and SACS.
- Develop partnership to ensure risk reduction, integration of services wherever possible and facilitate access to social protection schemes and entitlements.
- Policy Analysis:
- Support in developing and implementation of strategies for reduction of Stigma and Discrimination.
- Provide support to NACO and SACS in implementation of HIV/AIDS (Prevention and Control) Act 2017.
- Provide supportive supervision to facilitate the implementation of models developed for increased access to schemes and entitlement at district level.
- Facilitate analysis of Schemes to draw up a list of schemes which need to be amended for making it HIV sensitive and inclusive.
- Support in developing robust reporting mechanism for utilization of schemes and entitlements.
- Capacity Building:
- Develop capacities of staff at State and district level to ensure the smooth roll out of the strategies in NACP.
- Facilitate the process of capacity building of PLHIV network for advocacy and demand generation for increased access to social protection schemes.
- Knowledge Management
- Dissemination of good practices and lesson learned between states.
- Support in organizing national, regional and state level conferences, workshops and events.
- Provide reports/ Comparative analysis as and when required.
- Any other work assigned by the Team Leader.
- Master degree in management, public administration, social sciences and any other related field.
- 5 Years of experience in development sector.
- Relevant experience at State level in development and social sector programme.
- Excellent understanding of HIV and development issues.
- Good knowledge of national, state and district level government administrative structures and processes.
- Sound understanding of right based approaches to healthcare issues.
- Experience in designing strategies on social sector issues.
- Experience in usage of computers and office software packages.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Hindi skills.
- Basic knowledge on Documentation of work is required.
- Familiar with the organization and functions of the state and local public health systems/ State AIDS control societies.
Process to Apply :
Interested and eligible candidates may send their updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and fill the application form– https://bit.ly/35d3O9H. Please mention the exact Position Code (PHFI-TEAP-101) in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Please note that Annual Salary (CTC) will commensurate with available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process.
Last Date of Receipt of Applications: 27 January 2021
- Candidates are requested to refer PHFI website for position description & process for applying. Please note only those applications will be considered which are received as per instruction written on PHFI website.
- Candidates should have an excellent academic record, good communication skills, a commitment to high quality graduate / post-graduate education.
- Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview.
- Persons employed in Government/Semi-Government Organization or Educational Institutions in India must apply through proper channel.
- PHFI reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all available positions.
- The requirements of minimum qualification and/or experience may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials.
- No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding any delays, conduct & result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview.
“PHFI reserves the sole right to alter/modify/cancel the entire selection process or the position or the vacancy or to disqualify any candidature at any stage of the selection process”.
Women are encouraged to apply!