- THE WORK
- OUR PEOPLE
- PHFI LIVE
- WORK WITH US
The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is working towards building a healthier India. It is helping to address the limited institutional and systems capacity in India by strengthening education and training, advancing research and technology and facilitating policy and practice in the area of Public Health. PHFI is headquartered in New Delhi with national presence through its constituent units of regional Indian Institutes of Public Health (IIPHs) and Centers of Applied Research in core public health themes. The Foundation, established in 2006 as a public private initiative, is governed by an independent board comprising of senior government officials, eminent Indian and International academic and leaders, civil society representatives and corporate leaders. For more information, please visit the website www.phfi.org.
Public Health Foundation of India’s (PHFI) through the “NACO-PHFI-TSU” project is managing Technical Support Units – (TSUs) in five states of India namely Gujarat, Jharkhand, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand. The TSUs will provide technical assistance to the State AIDS Control Societies. The project has been awarded to PHFI by the National AIDS Control Organization (NACO).
- To act as a Technical Support Unit point person and will also reports to Project Director -SACS.
- Assist SACS in evidence based strategic planning to implement HIV programs across the state.
- Liaison with different stakeholders in the state for transition of relevant components of HIV program into the general health systems.
- Develop monthly/quarterly work plan for TSU along with budget and quarter wise deliverables.
- Liaison with SACS, Government and other agencies and maintain cordial relationship with concern SACS Officials.
- Coordinate reviews of the monthly plans by PD, SACS with TI division SACS and TSU team.
- Provide supportive supervision to all other Technical Experts and Program officers.
- Provide onsite technical support to TIs for a minimum of 5 days per month.
- Detailed tour report should be submitted within 3 days of completion of tour.
- Identify and develop linkages between TIs for HIV services viz. ICTC, STI clinics, ART centers and CSC.
- Coordinate in conducting quarterly TSU Monitoring Committee meeting.
- Prepare quarterly/ annual progress report to SACS,NTSU.
- Supervision of internal Admin and finance departments.
- Be overall in charge of TSU.
- Analyze all the visit reports in line with the compliance report given by the TI NGOs and provide feedback.
- Proper handholding of POs and conduct training program for TI NGO officials.
- Provide technical guidance to both POs and TI NGO Officials to develop indicators.
- Ensure POs regularly visit their respective TI NGOs and provide feedback to both him and SACS Officials.
- Provide necessary guidance for strengthening the coordination between PO and TI NGO Staff.
- Keep the Project Director and Senior Program Manager informed of the field and also carry out instructions as needed.
- Provide reports as and when required.
- Any other work as assigned by the Supervisor/PD – SACS.
- Masters in Medical Sciences/ Public Health/ Social Sciences.
- Around 6-8 years of experience of managing HIV programmes, preferably Targeted Intervention programs with national or international development agencies.
- Should be familiar with the organization and functions of the state and local public health systems/ SACS.
- Possess technical knowledge on HIV-AIDS issues and excellent reporting and analytical abilities.
- Communicate with various players at senior levels.
- Experience of working with Government, managed teams and budgets.
- Should be familiar with techniques of monitoring and evaluation of large programs.
- Complete knowledge on Documentation of work is required
- Good team work abilities and the ability to work well in an inter-disciplinary team is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in local language and English is required.
- Should be proficient in the use of computers.
- Previous work experience in the state is desirable.
- Willingness to travel for a minimum of 10 days in a month.
- Ability to negotiate in a multi-cultural environment.
- Leadership skills is required.
Process to Apply :
Interested and eligible candidates may send their updated CV to email@example.com and fill the application form– https://bit.ly/3rRjTeK.Please mention the exact Position Code (PHFI-TLSU-102) in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Please note that Annual Salary (CTC) will commensurate with available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process.
Last Date of Receipt of Applications: 27 January 2021
- Candidates are requested to refer PHFI website for position description & process for applying. Please note only those applications will be considered which are received as per instruction written on PHFI website.
- Candidates should have an excellent academic record, good communication skills, a commitment to high quality graduate / post-graduate education.
- Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview.
- Persons employed in Government/Semi-Government Organization or Educational Institutions in India must apply through proper channel.
- PHFI reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all available positions.
- The requirements of minimum qualification and/or experience may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials.
- No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding any delays, conduct & result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview.
“PHFI reserves the sole right to alter/modify/cancel the entire selection process or the position or the vacancy or to disqualify any candidature at any stage of the selection process”.
Women are encouraged to apply!