- THE WORK
- OUR PEOPLE
- PHFI LIVE
- WORK WITH US
Brief on the Organization:
The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is working towards building a healthier India. It is helping to address the limited institutional and systems capacity in India by strengthening education and training, advancing research and technology and facilitating policy and practice in the area of Public Health. PHFI is headquartered in New Delhi with national presence through its constituent units of regional Indian Institutes of Public Health (IIPHs) and Centers of Applied Research in core public health themes. The Foundation, established in 2006 as a public private initiative, is governed by an independent board comprising of senior government officials, eminent Indian and International academic and leaders, civil society representatives and corporate leaders.
Delivering lifestyle education in workplaces with a focus on improving the worksite environment, collaborating with management, and training peers as health educators would be an innovative way to scale and translate diabetes and CVD prevention efforts. Building on our experience, this project is conducting an implementation trial to assess the acceptability, feasibility, and impact of a worksite-based lifestyle education program taught by trained peer educators and supplemented with changes in the worksite environment (e.g. offering healthy options in the work canteen, creating a supportive climate for lifestyle class participation) for employees with prediabetes and diabetes at ten worksites in India. This project uses a mixed methods approach to assess the intervention and its implementation, enabling well supported recommendations for sustaining and implementing this intervention. The project location is Trivandrum, Kerala.
- Review of literature-scoping, descriptive and systematic review with meta-analysis
- Analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data
- Data cleaning, coding, and detailed analysis
- Prepare publications, quality manuscripts and project reports
- Prepare policy briefings
- Organise stakeholder meetings
- Need to liaise with industry management, site leaders, industry representatives, CII, and academic institutions for wider dissemination of the results
- Any other task as assigned by the Supervisor/PI.
- MD or MDS or PhD in Epidemiology/Public Health OR;
- MBBS with Masters in Public Health.
- One year experience in health research is desirable
- Fluency in statistical software (preferably R/ Stata) with documented evidence (certificates) is highly recommended
- Prior track record of publications in indexed medical journals will be given due weightage
- Proficiency in Malayalam.
Process to Apply:
Interested and eligible candidates may send their updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and fill the application form– https://forms.office.com/r/AVbjAaxggC . Please mention the exact Position Code (PHFI-RSAS-111) in the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Please note that Annual Salary (CTC) will commensurate with available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process.
Last Date of Receipt of Applications: October 6, 2021
- Candidates are requested to refer PHFI website for position description & process for applying. Please note only those applications will be considered which are received as per instruction written on PHFI website.
- Candidates should have an excellent academic record, good communication skills, a commitment to high quality graduate / post-graduate education.
- Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview.
- Persons employed in Government/Semi-Government Organization or Educational Institutions in India must apply through proper channel.
- PHFI reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all available positions.
- The requirements of minimum qualification and/or experience may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials.
- No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding any delays, conduct & result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview.
“PHFI reserves the sole right to alter/modify/cancel the entire selection process or the position or the vacancy or to disqualify any candidature at any stage of the selection process”.
Women are encouraged to apply!