- THE WORK
- OUR PEOPLE
- PHFI LIVE
- WORK WITH US
The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is working towards building a healthier India. It is helping to address the limited institutional and systems capacity in India by strengthening education and training, advancing research and technology and facilitating policy and practice in the area of Public Health. PHFI is headquartered in New Delhi with national presence through its constituent units of regional Indian Institutes of Public Health (IIPHs) and Centers of Applied Research in core public health themes. The Foundation, established in 2006 as a public private initiative, is governed by an independent board comprising of senior government officials, eminent Indian and International academic and leaders, civil society representatives and corporate leaders.
Design and Adoption of Alternate Models for Responding to the Critical Shortage of Medical Specialists in Select States (ADARSH)– The project would attempt to design and facilitate the adoption of alternate model(s) for responding to the critical shortage of medical specialists in select states. Medical specialists are scarce in India, and the numbers are disproportionately lower in the public sector, at the Community Health Centre (CHC) level and above. Even district hospitals in several states have an acute shortage of medical specialists. Increasing the conventional supply side of medical specialists is expensive and slow in demonstrating results. It is acknowledged that here is an immense latent potential in utilizing District Hospitals (DHs) as a site for training medical specialists, which can lead to acquisition of a formal higher education qualification as a specialist. The District Health Model of the National Board of Examinations (NBE) and the College of Physicians and Surgeons (CPS) model are two alternative models that can be adopted in select states. This project requires working closely with the Government of India State Governments, the NBE and the CPS, and other stakeholders to: accelerate policy decisions to support specialist strengthening in the public sector; leverage DHs for specialist training; and with states with traditionally poor health indicators especially in vulnerable groups and geographies.
- Develop and maintain sound accounting systems in line with donor regulations and PHFI’s policies and procedures.
- Coordinate for timely receipt of invoices, bills, monthly settlements against advances, attend the queries raised and resolve the same.
- Review, Record and process payment vouchers (travel, petty cash, vendors, payroll & consultant,etc.) with due considerations to deductions (advances, loans, PF & taxes).
- Review, record and process all payments, expenses, reimbursements and maintaining MIS for tracking of advance and payments. Ensure statutory compliances.
- Ensures that all accounting records are properly supported by documentation that meets the requirements of the donor and is properly filed for easy retrieval. Ensure timely back-up of all financial data.
- Responsible for preparation, review & submission of monthly financial report, report to donor and to Head Office.
- Responsible for stringent control over funds/ imprest balances minimizing both shortage and/or idle funds balances.
- Designs, implements and monitor systems, procedures and reporting necessary to maintain, on current basis, accurate forecasts of fund requirements for meeting future spending. Prepare periodic funds request ensuring smooth flow of funds.
- Ensure the timely preparation, review and approval of all monthly bank account. Cash reconciliation’s on a daily basis.
- Responsible for coordinating and ensuring Internal & External Audit Management process of the organization. Participate in development of internal control procedures.
- Undertake any other special tasks as assigned by supervisors.
- Liaises with PHFI Personnel, Sub contractors and Sub recipient to obtain and verify or communicate information associated with the Finance function.
- Certain functions of core finance and any other task assigned by VP Finance and Director IIPH Delhi time to time.
- Ensure timely back-up of all financial data
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor
- Graduation in Commerce/Diploma/PG with relevant work experience
- Masters in Finance/Accounting or any relevant Professional Qualification in Finance
- Around 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Prior experience of working with senior officials at state government/s, academic partners of national repute, collaborators and/or funders etc. Experience with project management or of assisting in similar projects.
- Around 1 to 2 years of work experience in public health or development Sector.
- Working knowledge of trial balance and receipt & payment.
- Practical knowledge of GST and good understanding of sections of TDS.
- High proficiency in excel skills.
- A good reconciling hand able to prepare the banking reconciliation on a daily basis.
- Ability to work on strict deadlines in high pressure situation.
- Prior experience in working with ERP is desirable.
Process to Apply:
Interested and eligible candidates may send their updated CV to email@example.com and fill the application form https://forms.office.com/r/9jVevpEvqP . Please mention the exact Position Code (IIPH-OFCR-103) in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Last Date of Receipt of Applications: 27 September 2021
- Candidates are requested to refer PHFI website for position description & process for applying. Please note only those applications will be considered which are received as per instruction written on PHFI website.
- Please note that Remuneration (CTC) will commensurate with available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process.
- Candidates should have an excellent academic record, good communication skills, a commitment to high quality graduate / post-graduate education.
- Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview.
- Persons employed in Government/Semi-Government Organization or Educational Institutions in India must apply through proper channel.
- PHFI reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all available positions.
- The requirements of minimum qualification and/or experience may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials.
- No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding any delays, conduct & result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview.
“PHFI reserves the sole right to alter/modify/cancel the entire selection process or the position or the vacancy or to disqualify any candidature at any stage of the selection process”.
Women are encouraged to apply!