- THE WORK
- OUR PEOPLE
- PHFI LIVE
- WORK WITH US
Brief on the Organization:
The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is working towards building a healthier India. It is helping to address the limited institutional and systems capacity in India by strengthening education and training, advancing research and technology and facilitating policy and practice in the area of Public Health. PHFI is headquartered in New Delhi with national presence through its constituent units of regional Indian Institutes of Public Health (IIPHs) and Centers of Applied Research in core public health themes. The Foundation, established in 2006 as a public private initiative, is governed by an independent board comprising of senior government officials, eminent Indian and International academic and leaders, civil society representatives and corporate leaders.
The Indian Institute of Public Health-Delhi (IIPH-Delhi) is a joint initiative of Government of NCT of Delhi and Public Health Foundation of India. IIPH-Delhi commenced its operations in November 2008 with the launch of the Post Graduate Diploma in Health Economics, Health Care Financing and Health Policy Program targeted at mid-career health professionals. Since then, IIPH-Delhi has expanded its activities and offers on-campus programs, eLearning programs and short term training programs; conducts policy relevant public health research; and undertakes advocacy in public health. IIPH-Delhi is a vibrant hub of public health education, training, research, practice and advocacy in Delhi-NCR. It is currently housed within PHFI headquarters in Gurugram.
- Overall management and operationalization of library functions.
- Strengthening and developing a library resources for PHFI and IIPHs.
- Networking with Libraries outside PHFI and manage and maintain the e-library system.
- Working with IIPHs, PHFI teams to strengthen the e-library systems.
- Manage and maintain database for dissemination.
- Work towards automation of Library and institutionalize the system.
- Manage and maintain database of audio / video / electronic resources.
- Facilitate the faculty members and students in identification of resource materials and references.
- Assist researchers and students in using appropriate software for academic usages.
- Maintaining a log of new staff for the institute.
- Organising meetings as requested by the supervisor.
- Networking with libraries outside PHFI and IIPHs.
- Travel to IIPH’s to assist in setting up some local library system.
- Assist Faculty members, Researchers and Students for identification of resource materials.
- Perform planning, administrative and budgetary functions of library.
- Coordinate with IT for online development of library software.
- Procurement of library resources such as electronics journal, books, CDs etc.
- Membership to other libraries and access to resources.
- Prepare a library report periodically to update the institution about library activities and the additions made in the journal, reference books and periodicals etc.
- Maintain a log of books, e-books, links and all journals and provide an update on the same as and when required.
- Travel as and when required.
- Any other task as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Masters level or full time diploma in Library/ Information Science.
- Training in digital institutional repository or library automation management system or editorial management system.
- Specialization/ Certificate in health sciences librarianship.
- Around 6-8 years of progressively responsible work in an established/ official library, with electronic information management and dissemination facilities.
- More than 2 years of progressively responsible work in a medical or scientific library with electronic information management and dissemination facilities.
- Knowledge of plagiarism software.
- Working knowledge of Koha and d space.
Process to Apply:
Interested and eligible candidates may send their updated CV to email@example.com and fill the application form- https://forms.office.com/r/9FUQhEQyBb . Please mention the exact Position Code (IIPHD-LBOF-200) in the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Please note that Annual Salary (CTC) will commensurate with available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process.
Last Date of Receipt of Applications: May 28, 2023
- Candidates are requested to refer PHFI website for position description & process for applying. Please note only those applications will be considered which are received as per instruction written on PHFI website.
- Candidates should have an excellent academic record, good communication skills, a commitment to high quality graduate / post-graduate education.
- Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview.
- Persons employed in Government/Semi-Government Organization or Educational Institutions in India must apply through proper channel.
- PHFI reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all available positions.
- The requirements of minimum qualification and/or experience may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials.
- No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding any delays, conduct & result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview.
“PHFI reserves the sole right to alter/modify/cancel the entire selection process or the position or the vacancy or to disqualify any candidature at any stage of the selection process”.
Women are encouraged to apply!