- THE WORK
- OUR PEOPLE
- PHFI LIVE
- WORK WITH US
Last date to apply – November 27th, 2022
The Indian Institute of Public Health, Delhi is pleased to announce ‘Call for applications for the PhD Program’, affiliated to Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR).
The doctoral degree program in various areas of public health will enable PhD scholars to be future thought leaders in public health. The aim of this doctoral program is to generate knowledge and evidence in public health using scientific & innovative research and develop expertise in specific areas under public health to provide advanced knowledge, mastery of skills in leadership, management, communication, and innovative thinking.
About the Program
The aim of PhD program in a multi-disciplinary area of public health is to provide training to enhance professional abilities of scholars in research, problem solving, and critical thinking to address public health issues and establish them as thought leaders in public health.
Degree Awarding and Registering body
Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI)- Indian Institute of Public Health, Delhi in collaboration with Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR) brings you this unique opportunity of doing PhD in the areas of public health. The degree (PhD in Sciences) will be awarded by Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research. For more information, please visit https://acsir.res.in/.
Categories of PhD Students
PhD students will be admitted under following categories:
Applicants with mandatory funding support/ grant/ fellowship for whom minimum residency will be 3 years.
A student in this category may either be sponsored by a recognized industrial R&D organization, academic institution (universities/colleges), government organization including PSUs and autonomous bodies, reputed industries (as may be recognized by this Institute) or self-sponsored for doing research at the Institute. The Institute will not provide any assistantship/fellowship to such a student. Prospective applicants applying under ‘Sponsored Category’ with NOC from their employer w.r.t fulfilling all the required conditions of coursework and minimum required residency may be considered irrespective of the funding arrangement between the candiate and their employer. Such candidates are expected to arrange their own funding for the research activities and sustenance. The minimum residency under this category will be 6 months.
- Candidates with a consistently good academic record having Master’s degree in Public Health, any streams of Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics (STEAM), Social Sciences, Medical, Dentistry and allied fields, AYUSH (Alternative System of Medicine in India), Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Nursing and Veterinary science, Demography, Nutrition, Social Work, Law, Business Administration or any other relevant areas.
Other Essential Criteria
- Candidates must have fellowship/scholarship or project funding support (assured for at least 3 yrs) while applying under regular category.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant job experience is must while applying under sponsored category.
Minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 6 years for both the categories – regular and sponsored.
Admissions to PhD program will be conducted twice a year as per the AcSIR guidelines for January and July batches, first batch starting from January 2023.
- Applicants will have to apply online only.
- Documents to be uploaded with the online application:
- Degree certificates and marks sheets of Under-Graduation, Post-Graduation and any other relevant qualifications
- At least 2 years Work experience certificate if applying under ‘Sponsored Category”
- Fellowship/Scholarship/Funding Support Letter if applying under “Regular Category”
- Research Ideas (Your tentative research area/question that you want to work on in PhD, Public Health Relevance. Word limit – Max. 500 word)
- Statement of Purpose (Max 1000 words)
- No Objection Certificate from Employer$
- Caste Certificate (SC/ST/OBC/PH/EWS for General Category)
- Latest Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
Note: $Document (NoC from Employer) can be provided before interview. Other documents are mandatory to be uploaded with online application
Selection will be based on an interview by the selection committee. During interview, shortlisted applications may present their previous past experience and research idea using slides (max 5 slides) in 5-7 mins, which will be followed by Q & A by selection committee.
Supervisor and Co-Supervisor(s) for the Doctoral Program
The primary-supervisor can be from either PHFI/IIPHs or AcSIR depending on the topic and mutual consensus.
AcSIR Faculty List – https://acsir.res.in/fa-tab/ (check ‘Faculty at Academic Centres Tab’)
IIPH Delhi Faculty List – https://phfi.org/iiph-delhi/faculty-and-staff/
There will be a minimum of two guides (one from IIPH Delhi and one from AcSIR). External co-guides (external to both PHFI/IIPHs and AcSIR) are also permitted, depending on the requirement of chosen topic.
PhD Program Fee Structure
AcSIR and PHFI-IIPHD Fee for PhD in Sciences
|Paid to||Registration fee||Semester Fee Tuition* and Administrative$ Semester Fee||Thesis Submission Fee|
|PHFI-IIPH Delhi||INR 5000 at the time of enrollment||INR 20000$ per Semester||Not Applicable|
|AcSIR (for Regular candidates)||None||INR 11000* per semester (starts when enrolled)||INR 5000 to be paid before submission of synopsis|
|AcSIR (for Sponsored candidates)||None||INR 22000* per semester (starts when enrolled and is double the fees of regular candidates)||INR 25000 to be paid before submission of thesis|
$,*With every new cohort year, the fees may increase as per AcSIR and IIPH Delhi fee guidelines