What is McKinsey & Company Sashaktikaran Scholarship?
For encouraging students belonging to socially and economically deprived communities to develop their career in public health, a McKinsey & Company Scholarship Fund naming ‘ SASHAKTIKARAN (empowerment) scholarships has been set up for the academic year 2018-20 under the aeigis of Public Health Foundation of India. ‘Sashaktikaran scholarships’ have been set up by McKinsey & Company for the eligible candidates selected for MPH programmes being offered across Indian Institutes of Public Health (IIPHs) at Gandhinagar, Delhi NCR, Hyderabad.
To address the dearth of public health processional in India, the McKinsey & Company has been approached to establish a Scholarship Fund at PHFI and IIPHs to support students belonging to socially and economically deprived communities and having good academic background. This fund would attract and support interested candidates to choose public health as a career opportunity to improve health conditions and QoL of Indians.
McKinsey & Company is a global firm spread across Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and Africa. McKinsey serve a broad mix of private-, public-, social-sector organizations and comprising more than 10,000 consultants and nearly 2,000 research and information professionals. McKinsey study markets, trends, and emerging best practices, in every industry and region, locally and globally. McKinsey’s work is founded on a rigorous understanding of every client’s institutional context, sector dynamics, and macroeconomic environment.
Locations where Master of Public Health (MPH) program is available
The MPH programme is currently offered through PHFIs educational establishments Indian Institutes of Public Health (IIPH) situated at Delhi NCR (Gurgaon), Gandhinagar (Gujarat) and Hyderabad (Telangana)
McKinsey & Company ‘Sashaktikaran Scholarship’ Criteria
The selection process for Sashaktikaran Scholarship will be based on the Institutional guidelines including but not restricted to merit and demonstrated need. Selected students will be mentored over the course of study and will be guided to develop their full potential to pursue their passion and build a strong career in public health. The Sashaktikaran scholarships would also encourage scholars to take up role in non-governmental organizations and backward areas of the country to implement public health programmes.
McKinsey & Company ‘Sashaktikaran Scholarships’ would be available for all self sponsored students enrolled for MPH programme across IIPHs. Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have good academic background, demonstrated need and specific interest in Public Health. This will be assessed through:
- Previous academic background
- Demonstrated need to be expressed by the respective candidates in a Statement of Purpose
Amongst the group that meets the above criteria, preference will be accorded to
- Preference would be accorded to the students belonging from socially and economically deprived communities, including SC, ST, OBC and PH/VHC/HI. The ‘McKinsey & Company Scholarship Fund’ shall provide for ‘full’, ‘half’ or ‘part’ scholarships as per demonstrated need of the applicant.
McKinsey & Company Sashaktikaran scholarships will be awarded, based on an assessment of available self sponsored applicants pool across IIPHs for MPH program.
- McKinsey & Company Sashaktikaran scholarships would only be offered to the Indian nationals
- Sashaktikaran scholarship would be offered to the applicants applying for on-campus (full time) MPH being offered by PHFI through the IIPHs.
- A select Scholarship Committee will review applicant’s candidature for the said scholarship
- Decision to call a candidate for interview or select a candidate for scholarship will be final and no representation in this regard will be entertained
- Incomplete and unsigned/unsubstantiated application forms are liable to be rejected
Last Date for application
Completed application form and all necessary enclosures be submitted at respective IIPHs by 15th October, 2018. Eligible students who have already taken admission in MPH program at respective IIPHs, may submit the duly filled in scholarship application along with attachments to the Assistant Manager/ Programme Officer at respective IIPHs.