Certificate Course in Evidence Based Management of Diabetic Retinopathy
The certificate course in evidence based management of diabetes retinopathy was launched at Dr. Mohan’s International Diabetes Update 2015, Chennai on 1st August 2015 at by Mr. Jitendra Singh (Hon’ble Minister of State for Prime Minister Office), Dr. Desmond A. Schatz (President-elect, American Diabetes Association), Dr. S. M. Sadikot (President-Elect, International Diabetes Federation), Dr. V. Mohan (National Expert & Academic Partner from Dr. Mohan’s Diabetes Education Academy).
CCDR Cycle I is a joint certificate program designed, implemented and delivered by Public Health Foundation of India in collaboration with academic partner Dr. Mohan’s Diabetes Education Academy (DMDEA) & Aravind Eye Care System. The Educational grant for the same has been provided by The Queen Elizabeth Diamond (QEDJT) Jubilee Trust with funding from The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust. This is a four modular course with following objectives:
- To enhance knowledge, skills and core competencies of practicing Primary Care Physicians in management of Diabetic Retinopathy
- To develop a standard teaching protocol and module for evidence based learning on Diabetic Retinopathy.
- To build a network of Primary Care Physicians and specialists in the field of Diabetes and Retinopathies.
- To update practicing/primary care physicians with the latest advancements in the field of Diabetic Retinopathy.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF CCDR CYCLE I
- 08 National Experts, 20 Regional Faculty, 10 centers, 150 participants.
- Contact Sessions only on weekends - Saturday/ Sunday.
- Total duration of the course is four months for four modules (February 2016 - May 2016), with once a month contact session, which will be conducted on designated weekend at Regional Centers, across India.
- Latest, Advanced, Updated Curriculum with interactive videos and case based learning
- 2 : 15 Class Ratio (Faculty and Participants)
- Two faculty: One Diabetologist / Endocrinologist and One Retina Specialist
- Course Fee: INR 5,000/-
- The candidate completing the certificate course successfully shall be awarded certificate, jointly issued by PHFI, DMDEA, Aravind Eye care System, and respective Regional Faculty.
The Minimum Eligibility for admission in course would be:
- MD/DNB (Medicine or Internal Medicine or Family Medicine) or
- Medical graduate (MBBS) with minimum 3 years of clinical experience.
- Last Date for Enrollment of participants: 31st December 2015
- Course Starts on 21st February 2016