- THE WORK
- OUR PEOPLE
- PHFI LIVE
- WORK WITH US
Phone: +91 40 49006016
Gowri Krovi Iyer
Dr. Iyer is an Assistant Professor at the Indian Institute of Public Health, Hyderabad. She has a background and training in clinical psychology and cognitive and behavioural sciences with a special focus on language and communicative disorders.
Her previous work involved being part of ICMR National Task Force project in Ageing research with a special focus on Dementia where the primary aims included developing, standardising and validating a multilingual and comprehensive neuropsychological battery that could be used with people of varying literacy levels, linguistic and cultural backgrounds across India.
Her research interests include areas of cognitive science, public mental health, approaching public health issues from social and behavioural science perspectives, ageing research with special focus on dementia and efforts at dementia prevention and rehabilitation.
In addition, Dr. Iyer is also deeply interested in understanding and approaching public health problems from a social political economic framework and a social determinants approach, where multi-sectoral collaborations and interventions are needed to achieve optimal health outcomes.
Research Summary and Interests
Dr. Iyer’s current research interests include areas of
• Role of cognitive & behavioural sciences in public health,
• Public mental health
• Ageing research with special focus on dementia and efforts at dementia prevention and rehabilitation.
• Vaccine hesitancy and barriers to uptake of services level of trust in health care systems
• Social determinants of health (physical and mental)
• Social political ecological framework of health and health systems
Areas of Expertise
- Mental Health
- Social Determinants of Health
- Research Methods
- Behaviour Change
Other Areas of Expertise