Dr. Sathyanarayana is a medical doctor; he has done MBBS from Karnataka, MBA in health management and MPH from University College London. He served for 6 years in World Health Organization as surveillance medical officer for polio eradication program in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, and Andhra Pradesh and in Karnataka states of India. Prior to this he served as district leprosy medical officer for two years. As surveillance medical officer, he made special innovative efforts to strengthen routine immunization in Karnataka state and actively participated to begin measles surveillance program in Karnataka state. Currently he is teaching health policy-planning and health care quality modules at Indian Institute of Public Health-Hyderabad.
His, research interests are on evidence for health care quality and patient safety (health care policy and systems research) and health policy transfer between national and international jurisdictions, especially in relation to local, regional and global health care quality and patient safety issue, vaccine preventable diseases and child health care policiesto create sustainable, integrated, patient focused health care system.
Areas of interest:
Policy analysis methods; health care quality and patient safety; vaccine preventable diseases, health care systems research, hospital care quality.
- Sathyanarayan TN , Dr Giridhara Babu. 2011. Creating A Public Health Cadre In India: The Development Of A Framework For Interprofessional And Inter-Sector Collaboration. Journal Of Interprofessional Care. Publisher Informa Health Care. http://informahealthcare.com/eprint/R9TFuIqZjeUecYJZ4jMF/full?tokenKey=&
- Sathyanarayana TN., Giridhar R Babu. 2011. Reintegration of Devadasi System Initiated Girl Children in South India to reduce sexual exploitation: A policy perspective on sexual subject development. Ann Trop Med Public Health 2011
- Giridhar Babu., Sathyanarayana TN., Sayante, Sidharth., Vivek singh.2011. Supportive Supervision and Immunization coverage: Evidence from India. The internet Journal of Epidemiology. http://www.ispub.com/journal/the_internet_journal_of_epidemiology/volume_9_number_2_21/article/supportive-supervision-and-immunization-coverage-evidence-from-india.html
- Sathyanarayana TN. Commentary on ‘Appearing the team’: from practice to simulation. International Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation, December 2011, Vol 18, No 12.
- Sathyanarayana TN., Vivek Singh., Shrutika Sabarwal. 2011. Climate Change And Health: Mitigation Role Of Information Communication Technologies (ICTs) In Complex Emergencies, A Retrospective Review Of Tsunami Situation In Tamil Nadu State Of India. Indian Emergency Journal / Vol-VI / Issue-I / March 2011. http://www.emri.in/images/stories/MITIGATION%20ROLE%20OF%20INFORMATION%20COMMUNICATION%20TECHNOLOGIES%20(ICTS).pdf
- Sathyanarayana TN., 2011. ‘Role of ICTs in Translating Health System Objectives into Outcomes to Reduce Health Emergencies: Priorities, Challenges and Future Directions’. Indian Emergency Journal http://www.emri.in/images/stories/Review_Article.pdf