- THE WORK
- OUR PEOPLE
- PHFI LIVE
- WORK WITH US
Applications are invited for admission to Full time PhD in Public Health at Indian Institute of Public Health Gandhinagar (IIPHG).
Application form for Provisional Registration for PhD
A candidate shall be eligible to register for the Ph.D. Degree after he/she has obtained
- Master’s Degree in relevant field which includes Public Health, Medicine, Social Sciences and allied subjects in which he/she wishes to pursue research with at least 55% or equivalent grade from any University in India, recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). Relaxation of 5% marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation in grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/ differently-abled.
- Any foreign university/higher educational institute recognized by UGC and with equivalent grade. Bachelor Degree where the total duration of education and training is equivalent to Master’s degree (at least 5 years’ duration), e.g; MBBS, BDS etc, will be considered eligible provided they have relevant work experience in Health/ Development/ Hospital/ Allied sector for more than 1 year.
Classification / categorization of Ph.D. Scholars.
The status of the students admitted to Ph.D programmes shall be classified under any one of the following categories:-
Full Time Research Scholar
I. Self-Financed Indian Nationals/Foreign Nationals and those Indian Nationals joining the programme on study leave granted by their employers.
II. The scholars who are receiving assistantship/ scholarship/ fellowship from UGC/ ICSSR/ DST/ CSIR/ DBT/Industry etc. or other funding agency.
III. Sponsored candidates
IV. Foreign Nationals joining with any fellowship or ICCR award.
The full time scholars are required to work on regular basis during their entire Ph.D. programme.
Duration: minimum 3 years and maximum 7 years.
- Note1: The duration for relaxation can be of 1 year in case of candidates holding Post Graduate Degree (MD/MS) in the field of Medicine, considering that they spent a total of 8.5 years of education after 12th standard, compared to 5 years for other masters
- Note2: The maximum duration is relaxable by two years for women candidates and candidates with 40% or more disability
- Note 3: Women candidates are allowed maternity leave, or child-care leave, once during the entire duration of their MPhil/PhD programmes for up to 240 days.
Seats will be based on availability of guides
Fees to be paid to IIPHG
|Sr. No.||Fee Details||Indian Scholars||Foreign/NRI Scholars|
|1||Application Fee||Rs. 1000/-||$20|
|2||Registration Fee||Rs. 10,000/-||$150|
|3||Tuition Fee||Rs. 55,000/-||$800|
|4||Semester Fees||Rs. 10,000/-||$150|
|5||Synopsis Fee /Defence||Rs. 10,000/-||$150|
|Sr. No.||Charges Details||Indian Scholars||Foreign/NRI Scholars|
|1||Hostel Charges||Rs. 27500/-||$400|
- The fees mentioned above will be subject to revision/change by the University from time to time.
- The fees once paid shall not be adjusted or refunded under any circumstances even, if the candidate cancels his/her admission.
- The fees mentioned above does not include Hostel and food
- The full time candidates must have adequate Medical insurance coverage at their own cost. If they are not having existing health insurance policy, IIPHG will facilitate obtaining one.
Important Dates of Admission: (Admissions will be done twice a year if seats are available)
Exemption from Entrance TestThe candidates having one of the following qualifications shall be exempted from the requirement of appearing at the Entrance Test:
- Qualified in the UGC – NET / SET, UGC-JRF, CSIR-JRC, ICAR, ICMR, DBT, DST or any other Examinations considered equivalent by the Ph.D Admission Committee.
- M.Phil Degree holder from any University recognized by UGC with 55% marks in aggregate
- Candidates who are awarded fellowship/scholarship for pursuing PhD program by the State/Central Government agencies or collaborating institute for this specific program.
- Candidates holding MD/MS degrees in Medicine or PhD. Master if physiotherapy.
However, the candidates who are exempted from appearing for the Entrance Test will have to appear for Personal Interview and submit other required documents.
Dr. Vijay V. Panchdhane
Assistant Registrar (Academic Programs)
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF PUBLIC HEALTH GANDHINAGAR
University established under IIPHG Act 2015 of Gujarat State
Opposite Air Force Head Quarters, Near Lekawada Bus stop,
Gandhinagar-Chiloda Road, Lekawada, CRPF.P.O, Gandhinagar – 382042, Gujarat, INDIAPhone No: 079-66740700; Toll Free No: 1800-
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
URL: www.iiphg.edu.in, www.phfi.org
|Admission Notification||26th October 2020|
|Availability of on line application||26th October 2020|
|Last date of application||20th November 2020|
|Entrance Examination||30th November 2020|
|Result for Examination||7th December 2020|
|Final Interview at IIPHG||15th & 16th December 2020|
|Commencement of course||1st January 2021|